How can a VoIP Phone system help my Business?
Traditional phone calls work by allocating an entire phone line to each call. With VoIP, voice data is compressed and transmitted over a computer network. This means VoIP uses up to 90% less bandwidth than a traditional phone call and is consequently more cost effective and more efficient.
VoIP is saving phone companies money, and by introducing a VoIP phone system on your own computer networks, you could do so too. There's no question - Voice over IP is a rapidly growing business telephony solution. VoIP phone systems have a number of immediate benefits compared to traditional PBX phone systems.
How does VoIP work and what are the benefits?
VoIP can be implemented in several ways, from a software program on your computer used with a headset and microphone to adaptors used with regular analogue home phones or you can use dedicated VoIP phones which look and act like regular phones but have specially designed chips to improve call quality.
Key VoIP Benefits
- Since its inception, the quality of VoIP service has come a long way
- Using VoIP can significantly reduce your telecommunications costs
- VoIP service makes your phone system highly flexible
- Take your phone system wherever you go
- Talk on your laptop
- Get voice mail and faxes with your e-mail
- Get virtual phone numbers